Friday, June 24, 2011

The school bus

its here everyday at nine
initially u clung to me tightly and i assured u its fine
u will have fun i said make new friends
u looked at me terrified not willing this to end
let me be with you mommy please u seem to say
with so much innocence in your eyes my resolve began to sway
it will be fine i said to myself rather than to you
it is new and terrifying for me too
and then it was eleven and time for you to come
i waited by the gate and then some
your eyes lit when you spotted me
come to me baby i said with glee
i took you in my strong embrace
you looked at me with playful rage
how could you do this mommy?
how could you leave me?
I missed you but i had fun
The bus is here gotta run
Sigh they grow up too fast
wonder how long will this last
Even though Im happy when it strikes nine
At eleven i'm the happiest coz once again you are all mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment