Sunday, October 22, 2017

Things a Husband Should Never Say to a New Mom

Ladies, let's face it. Going into labour and birthing a baby has to be the toughest thing we do. And just when you expect your better half to step up and be there, they would be like a deer in headlights. So we have come up with a list of things that a husband should never ever say to his wife who has just had a baby.
"You have no idea how crazy it was. I will need therapy to forget that!"
Actual words spoken by a husband who was inside the delivery room. Yes of course I have no idea, I have only pushed a watermelon sized kid out of my lady bits.
"You still look like you have a baby inside you." 
Of course I do. It is 9 months to make a baby and 9 months to lose the weight. Make that 9 years. It’s an irrevocable change to my body and you better get used to that.
"I’m back from work. What did you do all day?"
Usually followed with a roll of eyes or some shit. Dude I kept your child alive. Make me coffee and call me beautiful.
"Are you sure we should go out to eat? Let’s just order in." 
Yes I am sure. Yes I will hate it and probably complain about it the whole time. But I still want to go out. I forgot what the outside world looks like.
"It is better I go alone to the party. The baby won’t like it and you would get hassled."
Duh! Of course, the baby isn’t going to like it. But how does that automatically gives you the right to leave? How about we switch places huh?
"Hey, the baby is crying!"
Are you serious? I know that. I can hear that cry across three walls. Hell my boobs start leaking at the first cry. But there is a reason why I am ignoring the crying baby. Get the hint? It is your turn. It is always your turn.
"Let’s not use protection, there is no way you can pregnant that soon!"
One tight slap on the face. Seriously this one really deserves the smack!
Do you have any more to add? Share them here.
This post was first published here

No comments:

Post a Comment